Are you wondering “How to add a camera or Webcam to OBS on PC or Mac” when you want to start streaming.
Streaming can be a great way to build an audience and connect with other players, but it’s hard to get started if you don’t know how to add a camera or webcam.
This easy-to-follow tutorial, by author Burton Kelso, will show you how to add a camera or webcam to OBS on your PC or Mac in just a few minutes. Let’s take a closer look at this issue on blong teckgamingstudio.com!
What is OBS software?
What is OBS?
OBS stands for Open Broadcaster Software, It is a popular broadcasting software used for live streaming, recording and video editing. It has a lot of features for streamers and vloggers. OBS can be used on Windows, MacOS and Linux platforms.
Where can you download it, and how to install OBS on the device?
is a software that allows users to record and stream live video and audio from their computers. It is available on both Windows and Mac platforms, as well as a number of devices including gaming consoles, digital cameras, drones, and smartphones.
To install OBS on a device, users need download the software, It’s available for free at OBSProject.com. Open the file and follow the instructions on how to add a camera or Webcam to OBS. Once installed, users can open OBS and start recording or streaming video or audio.
How to add camera or Webcam to OBS on PC or Mac?
If you want to add a camera or webcam to your OBS recording software, there are a few different ways to do it. Here we will show you how to add a camera or webcam using OBS Studio on a PC or Mac and how to enable microphone broadcast on webcam.
Connect your cemera and webcam to the computer.
You should first connect your webcam or camera to your computer before you can install it with OBS software
Choose a video capture device.
- Open OBS and go to the “Source” box in the window’s bottom right corner.
- Click the little plus button to access the pop-up panel.
- In the “Video Capture Device” window that pops up, you will see a list of devices that are compatible with OBS.
- If you don’t see your device listed, it may not be compatible with OBS or it may require additional software to be installed on your computer.
Name the class.
- If you want to use a video capture device with your computer, you’ll first need to select it from the list.
- To create a new source for the webcam, click on the “Create New Source” button. In the dialog box below, enter the name of the layer. For example: “Webcam 1.”
- To add an existing layer to the broadcast, select the circle below. Next, select the class from the list provided.
- -Finally, make sure to check the little box marked “Make Source Visible”; otherwise, you won’t be able to locate it. Once you’re done, click “OK”.
- Once you have created a new source, click the circle next to “Create New Source” and enter the name of the layer. For example, “Webcam 1.”
- Adding an existing layer to a broadcast is easy. Simply select the circle below, and then choose the class from the list provided.
- When you’re finished, make sure to check the “Make Source Visible” box; otherwise, you won’t be able to see it. Once you’re done, click “OK.”
Choose a device
- Once you’ve named a layer, a new Properties window will appear.
- If you notice something unusual about the picture, you can adjust the webcam settings. Click on “Configure Video” to: change the resolution, enable or disable video effects or improve video quality.
- To access the camera settings, move the slider to the desired setting. Then configure the camera properties by moving the sliders. After you are done, click “Apply” then “OK”.
- To change the resolution or frame rate, click the “Resolution/FPS Type” dialog box.
- Please click the “OK” button when you are finished.
Add webcam microphone or camera.
Next, click and the Select “File > Add Video/Audio Source.” In the source selection window, select ” webcam .” Click on the “Open” button to add the camera.
the last step select the webcam in the audio tab
- To enable or disable the keyboard and mouse input, click “Settings” in the lower right corner of the OBS window.
- A new window will appear. From the left hand panel, click the Audio tab. There, you can select a language and audio format to listen to your recordings in.
- To access the “Mic/Auxiliary Audio Device” dialog, click the “Mic/Auxiliary Audio Device” button on the toolbar.
- To use your webcam as the audio source for your computer, click “OK.”
- To adjust the volume level, go to the “Audio Mixer” box and move the slider left or right.
Please note that the quality of the video footage will depend on several factors, including the quality of your camera or webcam and the settings you have chosen for it in OBS.
F.A.Q How to add camera or Webcam to OBS on PC or Mac
How do I make OBS detect my webcam?
- In the OBS window’s bottom right corner, click “Settings.”
- A fresh window will open.
- The “Mic/Auxiliary Audio Device” dialog box can then be clicked to see a drop-down menu.
- Click “OK” after choosing your camera as the audio source.
How to simply add a webcam to a Mac?
Adding a webcam to a Mac is easy. Open System Preferences, click on the “Security & Privacy” panel, and then click on the “Webcam” tab. Click the “+” button and select your webcam from the list of devices. Click the “Use as Camera” button, enter your user name and password, and you’re ready to go!
Webcam Synopsis: Peeking Around the World
How can I get my camera on OBS to function again?
- Make sure your camera is plugged into your computer and your computer is turned on.
- Check to make sure your camera is properly installed on your computer by opening OBS and clicking the “Settings” button.
- Try restarting your computer and your camera.
- If you still cannot fix your camera, please contact customer service at [email protected]
Why is the camera missing from Device Manager?
- Camera is not installed on the computer.
- Camera is not plugged into the computer.
- The driver software for the camera has been removed or is not installed.
- The camera is not recognized by the computer.
In this blog post, we’ve shown you how to add a camera or webcam to OBS on PC and Mac. We hope you found this information helpful! If you have any questions or need help with anything else related to streaming, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks for reading!